Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eljanitor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
I recently got a call from 00000000, so besides wondering why a ghost was calling me I decided to pick it up. I pick it up and I hear "Hello is "______ _______ available?" After trying to figure out what the salesman wanted, I kindly asked," Oh hey, can I get your number so I can call you back?" He says," I will send you my callback number in the email I send you."

OK so this isn't a legitimate company, and why? Because legitimate companies have nothing to hide by masking their phone number, and not giving out their phone number when asked. So would I continue to on to give this person my personal information? No.

Is there some way to be able to locate the actual number this guy is calling, seeing as hes spoofing his phone number?

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
I would say go with your gut feeling on this and stay clear.

I would ignore any further calls from this number.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Whoever it is is probably calling from Skype. I use Skype when I'm out of the US to call home, and from what my parents have told me it sometimes gives random numbers which on occasion have been all zeros.

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
I had four of these calls this past weekend. On the fourth, I answered, and it was a survey of some sort. I only stopped long enough to ask to be put on their do not call list before hanging up.

No calls since, but I expect they'll be back.:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.