Calls Not Coming Through!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lilnyc, Sep 24, 2007.

1. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

My phone calls are not coming through. They are going directly to Visual Voicemail, but I have to restart the phone to know that.

Unfortunately this caused me to miss an important business call. Has anyone else had this issue?

2. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

I've found that ATT/Cingular does this a lot. Never had this prob on Vz. Seems like the GSM signal is more prone to interference. I have trouble getting signal inside the smallest buildings, in the same spots that were never effected by CDMA.... oh well. Only 4 and a half more years until Vz's iPhone.

3. amemoryoncelost macrumors 6502

I'm actually getting bummed about this. My girlfriend has been getting pissed at me lately, she calls and it just doesn't ring, even when I'm in a perfectly good location with great reception. At first I thought it was an issue of me being on the phone and it not coming up to end call or put the person on hold. But it seems to happen a lot. Very frustrating since we work opposite hours and she calls me on her lunch break and when I dont pick up, eh, whatever the reason, annoying as hell as I never had this issue with other phones on AT&T, I've been with them for over four years now.

4. calvy macrumors 65816

If your phone is doing anything on EDGE at the time, it most likely won't ring. This could be the problem. Then again, it could just be the crap signal the iPhone seems to get. Actually, it gets signal, it just drops it constantly.

5. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

call ATT or get a new phone at the apple store