Calls show up on wife's iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Killerbob, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Killerbob macrumors 6502a

We recently upgraded to to two iPhone 6s models. I migrated the profiles from the old phones, and for the first time turned on iCloud Keychain.

Both phones log into iCloud using the same account, and both have another account for Messages and FaceTime.

After a few days we experienced that the "Recents Calls" list on my iPhone was "shared" to the other iPhone. I instantly checked the ohone settings and turned off "Calls on Other Devices", on both phones, as well as tuned off iCloud Keychain, but alas. The "Recents Calls" list is still shared???

It isn't like a big deal, we have now had this for almost two months, but I would like to figure a way for this synchronization not to happen...

Anyone?

2. smoledman macrumors 68000

I'd suggest taking both of them to the Apple Store and have a 'genius' fix it.

3. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

OK i had the same, you are sharing an apple ID i would guess...? (well I'm 99% sure, i do the same btw)
    The way to stop it happening is disable iCloud drive option on the wives phone.

Hope helps..

4. Killerbob thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not easy, as we live in Greenland and the nearest Apple Store is in Denmark, 3'500km away...

5. Killerbob thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, I did set up iCloud Drive around the same time. I'll try that out, thx.

6. dwfaust macrumors 601

dwfaust

STOP sharing contacts via a common iCloud account. End of story.

7. Killerbob thread starter macrumors 6502a

That is NOT the culprit. We have been doing that for 4 years now, and never had a problem. We share Calendar as well, and do it across three iPhones, two iPads, and four Macs. We share one iCloud account for these items, and have one each for eMail, FaceTime, and Messages...

8. dwfaust macrumors 601

dwfaust

I did the same. With iOS 8, the symptoms you describe started happening to us. Trust me. It's the issue with iOS 8 and later.

9. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

Agree, i had the same issue for about a week and it is iCloud drive as i posted earlier.

Ignore the haters who seem to insist you cant or shouldn't share ids - i do it for reasons that work for me and i know alot of others that do the same. give it a try, takes 30secs and I'm sure you will get the end result you are looking for with no downside.

10. Killerbob thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have now turned off iCloud Drive on my Wife's iPhone, and it looks like the call list is no longer synchronized... Thx. for the suggestion...