Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dhonk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
Lately I’ve had some situations where I was on the phone and another call came in but it never notified me. Then immediately after getting off the phone I notice a voicemail. It isn’t really a problem, but something I’ve only noticed in the last month or so. Not really a question, but wondering if others have noticed this as well

splifingate

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2013
ATL
Lately I’ve had some situations where I was on the phone and another call came in but it never notified me. Then immediately after getting off the phone I notice a voicemail. It isn’t really a problem, but something I’ve only noticed in the last month or so. Not really a question, but wondering if others have noticed this as well

This has been happening for me these past few months (or four (I’ve almost lost track of time in the surreality of this covid thing)).

All these ‘calls’ are either impersonal, or unidentified, and are not from anyone I know, or businesses with whom I do, er, business.

I had attributed these non-ringing/straight-to-vm calls as being somehow flagged as specious by VZ, thus carrier-level filtering.

So good not to have the phone constantly ring, and cause me to drop my tasks to listen to a robocall ;)

Regards, splifingate

DiCaprioAngel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
New York
I know there’s a setting in phone where it lets you put unknown numbers straight to voicemail, so maybe it’s something like that that could be contributing to putting calls straight to voicemail?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.