Calls won't stop ringing

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by airlied, Oct 5, 2014.

1. airlied macrumors 6502

airlied

Ive just got my new iPhone this week and I basically use it for surfing the webpage and twitters, until today I got a call from my girlfriend but weird things happened. Yosemite also receives the call but when I hit accept on the phone, the Mac keeps ringing. pressing decline may hangup the call so I just muted my Mac for a while. After this I did some experiments it turns out to be that the mac will never stop ringing if there is a incoming phone call. I can answer it or decline it one the phone but the mac just keep ringing ( yes! even if I hit decline on the phone) until forever or I manually do something. (iPhone is at iOS8.0.2 and mac is yosemite GM candidate 1)

The worse is, you cannot even change the ringtone in FaceTime app on Mac. Everytime I got a call I have visual notification on the display I don't need a loud sound.

2. Fimeg macrumors regular

I'm not supposed to say a post that basically says "I AGREE!" and yet that is my primary purpose for this post.

I have found that on a Wireless AC connection, two rings after I pick up the call on my phone the computer will silence. On a Wireless N connection it seems to take a significantly longer amount of time. I'd be interested if you could verify this with your experiences.

3. eastamherstbias macrumors 6502

Yeah i have the same problem. My iPad and laptop will just ring and ring.

4. activate macrumors regular

I have 6 devices that will ring from one phone call. All of them (macs, iPad and iPhones) stop 1-2 rings after answering on any device. Very consistent ie. behaviour is same regardless of which device is used.

...and yes I wish I could mute the FaceTime call on the macs but it doesn't work!

Running 10.10 GM 1 and 8.1 also on AC wifi.

5. chfilm macrumors 68000

chfilm

Having the same issue on my iPhone 5 and iPad air. Super annoying, the iPad always rings two times after I picked up the call.
    Ring-gate ;)

You guys think there's a chance ios8.1 will fix this?