Calm my nerves please?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ElusiveTramp, Oct 8, 2009.

1. ElusiveTramp macrumors newbie

Basically, I just spoke to an Apple Expert via the 'Chat' option on the website, and asked about a deal my friend received only last week where he bought iWorks (as a disk) for £30 and has a rebate option of £19. We're both University students so naturally I'll be purchasing from the Education Store (but over the phone) I was just wondering if anyone else had heard of this?

Also, if I managed to order tomorrow, being the 9th October in the early morning, a stock 13.3" MBP with no extras so it shipped in 24 hours, would I expect it next day? Again I asked the Expert via 'Chat' and she said that you can't place expedited shipping on online orders so I would be looking at 5-7 business days but the same friend as above got his next day.

I've been saving money for the past 6 months for this MBP and I have to say waiting another 4-6 days really would kill me at this point :D

2. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Patience Danielson. All good things come in time. You will be rewarded very soon for your wise purchase. :)

3. robsaskibum macrumors newbie

When it says it ships in 24 hours, it means it will leave whatever warehouse it was stored in within 24 hours. I highly doubt it will take 5-7 business days, but I also doubt it would be there the next day. Maybe 2-3 days. It does depend on where they have to ship it from though. Not getting a custom ordered one definitely speeds the process up though.

4. JeffR macrumors member

JeffR

I ordered a MBP last night (the 7th), and the estimated arrival is Oct 14, 2009. Standard model, shipping from Shanghai to Washington, DC.

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

If it ships from China, don't expect them to be very quick. At least that's what I learned, the hard way.

6. Maccin475 macrumors member

"Face palm"

7. ElusiveTramp thread starter macrumors newbie

Well with me being in the UK I don't think they ship from China (I think heard Ireland somewhere?), although I've never ordered a Mac before so I'm stabbing in the dark really.

And Maccin, I think you meant *facepalm* (Y)

8. Maccin475 macrumors member

*D.o.H*

Fix that as well please.

9. ElusiveTramp thread starter macrumors newbie

10. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Actually, it's *D'oh!* ;)

11. ElusiveTramp thread starter macrumors newbie

Damn my inferior knowledge!! :(

12. Maccin475 macrumors member

Congratulations! You passed the test! Almost.

*I'm just messin' with ya*

Thoroughly bored.