Calorie Counter on Apple Watch S2

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by texasmacs, Jun 15, 2017.

1. texasmacs macrumors newbie

I just bought an S2 Apple Watch. I have most of it figure out. However, I did a two hour work-out this morning under "other" and it shows that I burned 2 calories! I have almost 4,000 steps in before 10:00 in the morning and it says I burned 2 calories. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Thanks for any help you can give.

2. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Set it as training next time,and steps you walk during the day,at home,work,or when you go shopping is automatically recorded by the activity app.

3. texasmacs thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your reply and I really don't mean to be dense, but I don't understand what you mean by "set it as training." Where/how do I set it as training?

4. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

There are different settings in the activity app. The easiest,if it's just the calories counter you need,don't start any new session,just use the automatic recording in the activity app,it register every move you make as long as you wear the watch.

5. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Did you setup your metrics (hight, weight, age sex,...) in the Health app on your iPhone ? If so try the following:

Restart iPhone and :apple:Watch and if still not working then un-pair and re-pair the :apple:Watch to your iPhone.

6. texasmacs thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone for your help! I figured out what was wrong. When I first put my weight into my watch, for some reason it recorded as 1 lb! As much as don't want to admit it, I actually weigh more than a pound. As soon as I changed that it stared recording calories! I just knew I had something set wrong and that was it! Thanks again!