Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

texasmacs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2017
I just bought an S2 Apple Watch. I have most of it figure out. However, I did a two hour work-out this morning under "other" and it shows that I burned 2 calories! I have almost 4,000 steps in before 10:00 in the morning and it says I burned 2 calories. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Thanks for any help you can give.

Stefan johansson

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2017
Sweden
Set it as training next time,and steps you walk during the day,at home,work,or when you go shopping is automatically recorded by the activity app.

texasmacs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2017
Set it as training next time,and steps you walk during the day,at home,work,or when you go shopping is automatically recorded by the activity app.
Thank you for your reply and I really don't mean to be dense, but I don't understand what you mean by "set it as training." Where/how do I set it as training?

Stefan johansson

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2017
Sweden
There are different settings in the activity app. The easiest,if it's just the calories counter you need,don't start any new session,just use the automatic recording in the activity app,it register every move you make as long as you wear the watch.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I just bought an S2 Apple Watch. I have most of it figure out. However, I did a two hour work-out this morning under "other" and it shows that I burned 2 calories! I have almost 4,000 steps in before 10:00 in the morning and it says I burned 2 calories. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Thanks for any help you can give.
Did you setup your metrics (hight, weight, age sex,...) in the Health app on your iPhone ? If so try the following:

Restart iPhone and :apple:Watch and if still not working then un-pair and re-pair the :apple:Watch to your iPhone.

Reactions: ftaok

texasmacs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2017
Thanks everyone for your help! I figured out what was wrong. When I first put my weight into my watch, for some reason it recorded as 1 lb! As much as don't want to admit it, I actually weigh more than a pound. As soon as I changed that it stared recording calories! I just knew I had something set wrong and that was it! Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.