CalPad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Ruffian829, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Ruffian829 macrumors 6502

Does anyone have any experience or personal reviews for this app? I need a calendar app where I can keep track of meetings and interviews along with important tasks and the notes section looks good for jotting things down. I'm not finding very many reviews on it though, and a search of this app on this forum turns up nothing.

2. palpatine macrumors 68040

There is a lite version for free. You could give that a try.

I once tried to find a decent app that would sync across devices without using Google Calendar, but as far as I know, nothing like that exists. From what I can see of this app, it is just like so many others in that it utilizes Google Calendar, so I would find it difficult to spend 9.99 to get essentially the same thing I could get for free through another app, or even through Google Calendar (put a link on your home screen).

3. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

There are 18 reviews for this app on the App Store.

4. Ruffian829 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't always have good Internet access so I didn't want to just use google calendars (I don't use google calendar at all right now).

And yes I realize there are reviews about it in the app store but that is not the same as being able to ask people questions about it or to read in-depth reviews. If we could base all of our purchases off of the app store reviews then we wouldn't need websites reviewing apps at all...

5. Mawal macrumors regular

6. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

I tried both CalPad and CalPhone and really wanted to like them, but there's something wrong with syncing with these apps. After a few syncs, my tasks and events started growing like cancer cells. At one time, I had 10 entries to pay my Verizon FIOS bill, all in the same Bills calendar.

7. franmatt80 macrumors 6502a

I used it for a while but found it too buggy. Kept losing notes I had made and a funny task interface so you can't filter vey well. I also found it kept messing with my iOS calendars and making duplications.

Watch out for the pocket informant upgrade for iPad coming out in the next. Lille of weeks. It'll do all you want and more. Just loaded the upgraded iPhone app on my iPhone and it's excellent.

8. mike8131 macrumors newbie

like it

Both CalPad and CalPhone work great for me.

Not only syncing works perfectly, but they have intuitive GUI along with many other features.

9. DaveJrd macrumors newbie

It has some issues with version 4.X or older. But from version 1.5, it works perfectly!