Calulator not working with snow leopard??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sapphire08, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Sapphire08 macrumors member

Sapphire08

I thought I had checked most of the software I use for compatability with Snow leopard when upgrading from leopard with n know issues that I culdn't handle.
    I upgraded yesterday with no probs but this morning I went to used the calculator app ( ie not the widget) and it came up instantly and told me it wouldn't work with the version??? :confused::eek: Whats that all about - a built in OS app and it doesn't work????

I was just beginning to tear my hair out with frustration when writing this to get some help and the penny dropped - chuck the dock icon away, check applications folder and hey presto calulator - launched it no probs :D
    So save that to the dock and bob's your uncle!

So thought I'd post this anyway just incase anybody else had a similar issue - most people probably worked it out already but maybe this will help some newbies

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its not really an issue with the OS upgrade but rather an application upgrade.

I've been bitten by this issue a number of times (not always but frequently enough) Basically sometimes if you dragged an application to the dock for easy access and then down the road upgrade said application, it remembers the old application. Perhaps its still in the trash or some other funky problem. I remove any docked applications prior to upgrading.

I recall this happening to me on 10.2 and up, its just weird that it happened to you on a OS upgrade. For those of us who did a clean install, this would never happen because the old version isn't around.