Cam2Cam

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by joshuaXaaron, Nov 29, 2008.

1. joshuaXaaron macrumors newbie

I always seem to have trouble caming! it will tell the other person it got timed out. and its very frustrating. i use ichat and i dont get why this is happening? anyone have suggestions(i told the other person to shut off ther firewall. so that wasnt the issue)

2. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

might that other person be a windows user? video chat doesnt work with windows unless you use Skype

3. youssefm macrumors 6502

are you serious? I've used iChat, aMsn and a ton of other video chat software with windows users

4. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

i've never been able to connect to a windows user using aim through ichat before...always that same problem as the OP is posting.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

What kind of Internet connection are you utilizing?

6. youssefm macrumors 6502

thats weird, through iChat you can have a video convo w/ a windows user under the aim preference, also with aMsn you can do it using windows live/msn

7. joshuaXaaron thread starter macrumors newbie

i have verizon fios(cable) and yes the other person was running windows

8. davwin macrumors regular

OS X to Win with iChat/AIM worked for me as well but, I did get plenty of crashes and errors per the OP doing it. Requires a specific version of AIM and that version has known compatibility issues under Vista with certain video cards/drivers so...

As someone else suggested, maybe try Skype: It is multiplatform, Free, Far fewer issues under Vista and OS X and you don't have to worry about the various versions/incompatibilities.

9. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Bandwith, it's all about bandwith. To video chat there needs to be a minimum internet bandwith. I don't know what it is but I have the same issue. If I don't have just enough bandwith video chat does not work but Audio chat will. I use iChat as well.