Camcorder for Final Cut Express and/or Pro

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by shadowschild, Oct 19, 2008.

1. shadowschild macrumors member

Hey So i need a good camera for use with final cut express or pro. $500 or less, I have scoured the internet, but I need advice from you guys because I can find anything on how easy it is to use with one of these programes

2. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

well the canon hv20 is the best you can get for the money. It is a little over your budget but worth it... especially if you are gonna drop the dough in fcp. I happen to have a used hv 20 for sale in the marketplace if you are interested. I just dont use it enough to justify owning it, although it is a great camera.

3. shadowschild thread starter macrumors member

hey thats dope, I can't find the PM thing to ask you more about your camera!

4. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

You need to have more posts on the forum to use the PM feature then you currently have.

I agree that the hv20 is a awesome camera for the price. However, I have found AVCHD to be better then HDV for my use, so I would recommend the HG10, also from Canon. It costs a little more then $500, but you should be able to find a used one for less then that.

5. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

do you have an ebay user name? just email me at thechidz at hotmail dot com. put hv20 in the header