Camcorder Help!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Macintoshgeek, May 24, 2007.

1. Macintoshgeek macrumors member

I was orginal thinking of getting an HD camcorder, but i soon realized that I don't wana spend that much money for one yet. I'm turning 16 soon and don't have a job yet, but i want a Camcorder that can film in widescreen, and that can film in a good quailty, Mini Dv and Fwirewire is a must. I want it to be 600 or less. Can anyone help?

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I'd recommend looking at lower-end Canon and Panasonic DV cams, as well as Sony. I've got a Canon Optura that would be in your price range, and it's great. Widescreen, manual audio gain control, good handling, etc.

Check out B&H for good prices.

3. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

I have a panasonic gs-80 Link that I got for ~270 or so. It's great for what I need, I get to goof around with some settings, it's really small, and very user friendly. Just my .02.

I was recently in a similar position to you, looking around and trying to decide what the best option was for me. What sealed it for me was playing around with a bunch of choices. Even if you aren't going to buy from them Best Buy is great because most of their models are working. You can play with settings and pretend to be filming as a way to learn whats comfortable and familiar for you, as well as get an idea of how good the zoom is, how it looks in avg lighting through the lcd and viewfinder, etc.

4. Macintoshgeek thread starter macrumors member

Looks nice!

Hey, the PV-GS80 from Pannisonic looks really nice, and a good price. I am Highly considering it, unless anyone can show me something better.