camcorder issue

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Alexrat1996, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Alexrat1996 Suspended

Can someone help me with the sound coming out my of my 300 dollar camcorder is this normal or sound i tweak some settings

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

It would be helpful to provide more details of what type of equipment your using, what is it exactly your reporting, when does the issue occur, ect.

3. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

Canon vixia hF r700 only when I record

4. Zenithal macrumors 68040

I've had a Vixia. It would help to define what sounds you're talking about. Are you talking about the fuzzy noise through the video? That's simply ambient sound. You'll need an external mic with sound suppression to get rid of that. You could find one cheap on BH Photo Video or Adorama. Both are near you so shipping should be plenty quick.

You have to understand that what you hear yourself and what the camera's microphone records/picks up are not one in the same.

5. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

Yes the fuzzy noise in the background and is that normal and I do have a mic I will connect it

6. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Yeah. Unfortunately, it is. The Vixia, the Sony take, et al, even ones that take BluRay resolution or whatever the highest for prosumer is at the moment, I think 5K, will have this issue. If you download a decibel meter to your phone, you can open up the app and it'll record the ambient rating for your room or wherever you are. Be it the silent hum of your PC or Mac's fan, the minute coil whine from the PSU or adapter, the washing of the AC vents, the list goes on. The mics on these products are cheap and an afterthought. Which isn't a pleasant one when you realize how half-baked prosumer stuff is for the high price they sell for!