Came back to iPhone and happy...mostly except some glitches

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bowlman2345, Feb 13, 2016.

1. bowlman2345 macrumors regular

I've been with Android for the last three years after leaving the iPhone due to me feeling it wasn't adaptable enough and the OS was getting stale.

Lately, I had missed iOS and went back to the 6s Plus.

Overall, I'm very happy. I like how snappy it's been and the battery life is excellent.

I'm having two weird problems which are kind of annoying. The first being that TouchID doesn't work all the time. I'm forced to enter the passcode often. It's not because the home button is dirty either. It just flat out stops working sometimes.

The second issue I have is I've noticed when I'm coming off Bluetooth, that my speakers/sound puts out this metallic clanging sound (buzzing sound) and the only way to fix it is to reset the phone.

Two small issues, but annoying. I'm surprised Apple has let that slide. They are usually on top of that type of thing. However, I'm still very happy and don't regret switching back. Hopefully these issues get resolved with a software update.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Touch ID has never worked well for me. I use a 5 speaker Sonos Sytem with woofer and my 6S+ works without flaw. Might want to check and see if your speaker hardware has the latest firmware installed. Not too many people here are having you metallic speaker sound complaints so . . . . .

Welcome back to Apple.

3. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Sorry to hear about your issues. I don't think the BT is very wide spread. Look at this:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7360203?start=0&tstart=0

Most peoples touch ID is great and very fast. If your fingers are dry/chapped it may be causing a problem. Did you try a thumb or another finger.

If possible I would think about an exchange for a new iphone.

Are you on latest iOS? Would assume so--

4. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

You can redo your prints in touch ID, perhaps you got a bad reading that's causing it to reject.

5. Sajal macrumors regular

Honestly on my 6s the touchid is way too fast. Sometimes I hate it very much, since I am not able to check my notifications.

Do get yours checked at a apple store at least please.

6. rulymammoth macrumors member

Just use a different finger if you're trying to look at notifications.

My touchID has worked almost everytime and I'm very happy with it. The few times where it hasn't worked, it's because either my finger was dirty or because the sensor itself was dirty. One wipe and it was fine.

7. bowlman2345 thread starter macrumors regular

I was thinking the same thing, so I deleted all my fingerprints and started over. Still have the same problem with TouchID intermittently.

The BT issue also intermittent. Maybe happens every 10th or 15th time coming off Bluetooth. I may take it to the Apple Store, but since it's intermittent, not sure if I'll be able to duplicate it.

8. Fthree macrumors 6502a

The speed of the Touch ID on my 6s has literally made me hate the Touch ID on all my other apple products.... Old phones, air 2, ipp

9. bowlman2345 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm probably in the minority, but I like the TouchID better on my iPP than on the 6S+. I find the new TouchID too fast and often I can't even get to my notifications in time. What's the point of even having notifications or a wallpaper on the lock screen if you never see it. I guess I never found TouchID to be slow in the first place.

10. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

Before take it to the apple store, do a DFU clean install of the latest ios and see if it help the problem, apple store will do that anyway before they will switch out the phone.

11. Fthree macrumors 6502a

i partially agree, i think the speed of the touch id has made me not look at the notifications anymore. Some people like to do that though. I do have to say that a faster touch id on the IPP wouldn't make a bit of difference as I'm not typically in a rush to bust it out like i am my phone.

12. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

If all you want to do is look at the notifications, don't use the home button just push the power button and swipe down. Done

13. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

Or just use a different finger to press the home button.

14. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I opt to take a duplicate fingerprint for the same thumb I use to unlock.

15. MrJM macrumors 6502

MrJM

Count me in for the Touch ID issue. Tried resetting phone, re doing fingerprints, doing the same finger more than once etc and it's still intermittent at best! Touch ID on the 6 seemed more reliable but that just might be my memory!

16. Farsider macrumors 6502

Farsider

Once you've setup your fingerprints, you can train the print recognition further by going to Settings / Touch ID & Passcode.

Keep touching and lifting your recorded finger/thumb and as long as the Phone highlights the recognised finger, its learning more about the print. I did this 50-100 times and now print recognition works pretty much everytime for me.