Came back to the iPhone 5, why should I jb?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MacChinoNyc, Apr 6, 2013.

1. MacChinoNyc macrumors 6502

Its still on 6.1.2, and my question is why did you jb(I almost said root :D)? The phone kinda seems to do what I need it to do so far so if I was to jb what tweaks can you recommend I install for free or purchase? ALso was your battery life affected due to the jb and/or jb apps?

2. Han Solo 1 macrumors 6502

If you're happy with it then no, do not JB.

If you still want to, read the forum section for JBing that will tell you everything you need to know.

Too many reasons to list. Again.

3. easylee23 macrumors newbie

I jailbroke mine because of apple's lousy policy with apps and the sandbox.

I use a 3rd party mail app called sparrow - with it jailbroken I now receive the notifications.

jailbreaking does add functionality, but unless you know what you're going to be using it for I would just leave it.

4. Samanosuke macrumors 6502

If you need us to convince you to do it... you probably shouldn't.

5. TheShadowXX macrumors regular

you switched from an Android to an iPhone?

can I ask, why?

6. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

This

7. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I also like breaking free the chains off my iDevices.

8. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

If you have to ask.....

but seriously, for me the added functionality (e.g. LockInfo and biteSMS's quick compose/reply) makes it worthwhile. I also like to dabble with theming a little bit.

9. waa1futs macrumors 6502

I jailbreak so I can have my perfect phone :)

Apple doesn't give us much of anything in terms of customization and has some draconian rules when it comes to which apps they will allow their customers to use. Of course there are those out there who like iOS as is but I personally find it lacking compared to having options.

Activator, Zephyr, Springtomize, Emulators, NCsettings, BiteSMS, etc, etc, etc...

Its all there yours for the taking... just gotta reach for it ;)

10. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

I have given my family previous ones ive purchased and they seemed to be happy lol. Seriously just wanted a smooth phone experience where it didnt involve me flashing a new rom/kernel everyday and just the cleaner ios experience. If i could only figure out how to make fonts bigger in the facebook app lol. Is there a jb that makes fonts bigger in apps?

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you're happy with the stock ios then stick with that. Many millions of iphone users are perfectly happy with it.
    JB is not for everyone.

12. TheRainKing macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

If you can't think of many reasons to JB then don't do it. Even though jailbreaking is usually safe, I think things can still go wrong so it's not worth breaking a perfectly good phone for something that you don't need.

13. xak macrumors regular

14. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

I would JB just to get Gridlock plus I like Pandora skips. I use a few more but the 2 I listed are why I JB

15. TheShadowXX macrumors regular

Not that I know of, if you do find out let me know cause I'm looking for the same thing.

Also what Androids have you used?

16. Sparky9292 macrumors 6502a

The two most important reasons to Jailbreak. LockInfo and BiteSMS

17. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Why I (or anyone else JB's) isn't relevant. You need to determine your own reason(s) for JB'ing -- or not. If you want lists of tweaks that others use there are plenty of threads that already cover that.

Again -- what are you looking to do? If the phone does what you want stock then why do you want to JB? You have to tell us what's lacking if you want recommendations. Blind suggestions for tweaks are pointless. Again, if you just want a list of popular tweak there are existing threads you can refer to. There are always active threads on these topics.

For the Nth time: JB doesn't affect battery life. Tweaks can.

18. iRetired macrumors 6502a

iRetired

Accelerate
    AdBlocker
    Auto App Killer
    ProTube
    Winterboard

No adverse battery issues.

Freedom. Need I say more?

19. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

Haha, Draconian, love that band.

20. co.ag.2005 macrumors 65816

co.ag.2005

21. Dizzay macrumors newbie

The fact that you're asking this question probably means that you just shouldn't. I used to be the guy that tried to show my friends how awesome JB was, a few loved it and listened to my advice and followed JB news from then on.

However, most of them didn't listen and would restore if any little problem popped up and then complain that they couldn't re-JB. And aside most of them only used basic tweaks so it didn't really make a difference. I would say if you're asking us for reasons then just dont JB; if you find cool stuff and want to learn then go ahead but otherwise just leave it stock.