iPhone Camera and fill flash feature?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Dizzler, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Dizzler macrumors regular

I love my older point and shoot camera (Canon PowerShot SD800 IS) because it has some useful flash features, and I am wondering if iOS 7 can do the same things:

1) The first is "fill flash," which I use when the subject is in shade and the background is bright. I can force the camera to flash when it might not want to, thus illuminating the foreground.

2) The other feature is the ability to turn off the flash completely.

There are times when I don't want the camera deciding these things: I want to make that decision myself depending on the conditions. Has anyone with the new iOS 7 tried these things? (Also, since I don't have the new iPhone, I don't know if this is a hardware issue or a software issue so please excuse my ignorance.)

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

You can do both, and have been able to for a while.

When you have the stock camera app open, tap the top left where it has a lightning bolt and says "Auto." It gives you three options, Auto, On or Off. Select off, and it will disable the flash. Select on, and it will always flash.

3. thenumbersrbad macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

you can also turn the flash to on and i believe the flash will go off even if it wouldn't if it were set to auto