Camera and Going Caseless

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by outsidethebox, Oct 23, 2014.

1. outsidethebox macrumors member

I recently picked up an ultra-thin case for my 6 (Caudabe) and I'm really liking it, however the camera still protrudes from the case.

For those who have been going caseless or using similar thin cases, have your cameras been scratched/cracked or has anything happened to the photo quality since you bought it?

I assume Apple would have done tests knowing the camera would get knocked on tables etc., but with so many claims of iPhone 6/6+ build quality issues I'm not so confident anymore.

2. truskowr macrumors member

That is my question also. I prefer caseless, but when I go my last phone and saw how much the camera lens stuck out, I got a case for it because I was worried about scratching/cracking the lens when I placed it on the table.

3. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

I'm using mine caseless and having no issues with the lens being scratched or cracked. This is on a 7 Plus.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No case.

Every phone I have had has been used without a case, including my 6+ and now my 6s+.

Below is where my iPhone sits every day for up to 10 hours. At home it's either on the arm of a couch or next to my bed in a business card holder just like the one in the picture. It sits in a special spot in both my cars and rides in a side pocket of my pants with nothing else when it's on me.

I don't lay it down on tables unless something is under it and I don't put it on surfaces I believe will scratch it. And facedown is a no-no for me. If ANYTHING is going to scratch it's damn well NOT going to be my screen because I laid it face down.

My camera lens is perfectly fine.

2016-10-13 15.47.40.jpg