Camera and Photo app keep crashing, need help.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BiG LOGi, Jun 23, 2011.

1. BiG LOGi macrumors newbie

BiG LOGi

Ok, so the other day I was taking a video with my iPhone 4 (jailbroken, firmware 4.1) when a message pops up saying i'm low on memory, so i try to end the video, but it just kinda freezes up so i press the home button not thinking too much of it. A few minutes later I try to go look at my pictures, but the app just keeps saying 'Please wait, updating library' then at the bottom it says 'rebuilding library...' then crashes a couple seconds later, the camera app does the exact same thing. I've tried syncing it to itunes, turning off the phone, hard restarting, and i'm just starting to get frustrated and overwhelmed, not really sure what to do at this point. I'm not really worried about losing pictures because i already backed them up on a flash drive, I just want a simple fix that won't unjailbreak my iphone. Sorry for my rambling lol, but any help or experience would be greatly appreciated. :)

2. Badbaw macrumors member

Too much memory?

How much free space is left on your device? Could be your problem.
    How many apps are multitasking? Could be slowing down your device.

I'd say it's the former, since the warning did pop-up. Full storage has the effect of slowing/crashing your apps.

3. BiG LOGi thread starter macrumors newbie

BiG LOGi

The phone it's self says i have 1.2 gb left, but itunes says i have 2 gb free. I always close my apps so I know thats not whats wrong. I think the video that I was trying to take might have ended up becoming corrupted and might still be in the phone, even though i dont see it when i click 'open device to view files' so i'm guessing that i need to completly wipe out all of my pics/vids on my iphone, which i thought i did, but they still show up when i click 'open device to view files'. I'm just getting really lost and not sure what to do lol. :(

4. Badbaw macrumors member

I recommend restoring your iPhone and re-syncing everything up. If you're having problems like this, a fresh install will usually do the trick.

5. BiG LOGi thread starter macrumors newbie

BiG LOGi

Restoring my iphone will unjailbreak though, right?

6. Badbaw macrumors member

Forgot about that! I cannot help you then since it's jailbroken. Just remember, jailbreaking can bring on these issues.

7. BiG LOGi thread starter macrumors newbie

BiG LOGi