Camera App crashing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AnotherBrian, Jul 22, 2012.

1. AnotherBrian macrumors regular

Is anyone having issues with the camera app crashing? If so do you know what tweak was causing it. I have a iPhone 4s on OS5.1.1 jailbroke. I have quite a few tweaks installed so I won't list them, just hoping someone else had this issue also and new what their problem was. I don't have any camera tweaks installed.

2. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

My camera app never crashes. But I use the triple click of home button to quickly open the camera app. And every once in a while when I use activator to open the camera app the entire screen is black. I still have all the camera buttons on the screen except the screen where the image would appear is black. It's almost like the shutter fails to open or something.

Sorry, I know this doesn't help you nor is it even the same problem. Just throwing it out there since you're having a problem with the camera app and so am I. I don't have any camera apps or tweaks installed. Maybe whatever is causing your problem is also causing mine.

3. LithePanther macrumors 6502

Crash reporter may be able to tell you the problem. Give it a try and see what it says.

4. joju58 macrumors member

joju58

I had same issues also with 4S running 5.1.1. my issue was after opening cam app and shooting one picture it was closing app and picture was nowhere. Anyway i had two tweaks related to camera app, one was i think camstamp and another spyphoto. So after deleting both tweaks i got no more issues. Hope it helps. Even though you dont have those two tweaks installed but have some camera related tweak go ahead and delete it and see if any issue again.

5. AnotherBrian thread starter macrumors regular

I did actually have FacebookThis for my camera app, I uninstalled it and haven't had a crash since so I will wait and see if that fixed it. It didn't crash every time, it seemed like when I hadn't used it in a while.

Not sure how to see crash reports, I will look that up though, thanks.

6. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Facebook This has caused other issues like the mini app switcher linen. I have seen a bunch of people have problems because of that tweak. Hopefully that's the cause. Keep us posted!

7. LithePanther macrumors 6502

Another problem it caused (at least for me) was resprings.

Facebook this was a pretty junk tweak.

8. AnotherBrian thread starter macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure it was FacebookThis, no resprings or crashes yet and it would normally do it by now.