Camera app opens in landscape?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by icomputered, Oct 29, 2011.

1. icomputered macrumors member

Sometimes when I open the camera app, the buttons and bar at the bottom are all placed on the right side of the screen. When I turn the phone landscape, the app corrects it self to the normal position. Sorry if my description is hard to understand. If you have it, you will understand what I am saying. Does this happen to anyone else?

2. Ziad macrumors newbie

Yeppp happened to me several times when i open the camera app from the lock screen and the live image i see is turned 90 degrees too !!!

3. andybrown44 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

This has happened to me too. It's weird.

4. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Just checked mine and it's normal. That seems like an odd problem. I would call support.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

What's more annoying is apple has decided the volume buttons being on the bottom is the correct oriontation so if u put them up the top which makes sense to me the pictures and video taken are upside down! Lmfao

6. MacAttacked macrumors member

Agreed, thats ridiculous! WTF were they thinking?

7. thatdrewguy macrumors regular

At what point are they upside down? I just shot a few pics and a video with the button on top and it appears alright when I send it to myself by email. Also appears fine in the phone. When do you notice the image being upside down?

8. M87 macrumors 65816

I saw this on my 4S earlier. I haven't been able to get it to do it again though.