Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MT37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Well I'm looking to get a new camera bag. I'm not 100% I'll be getting a new one or not. Since my current one is doing fine. I'm just running out of space. I'm looking for either a camera bag with a shoulder strap or a hard case.

My set up is...
Canon Rebel XT with battery grip
Canon 18-55mm
Canon 50mm
Sigma 55-200mm
Canon Speedlite 430ex

Plus I would like a bit more room for another lens or two. For future expansion.

I do a lot of live band photography, and I do carry my camera around a lot.

Anyways, thanks for any opinions.

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
I have the Crumpler 6 million dollar home. It's a shoulder bag, it's large enough to hold my 5D, a 70-200 f/2.8, a 24-70 f/2.8, a 50mm, my flash, and has a little more room for a macro (when I get it). The outside also has nice straps for extra lens bags if you want it. I like the fact that the bag is comfortable, and it really doesn't scream "hey there's 5k of stuff in here."
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/384133-REG/Crumpler_MD0601A_6_Million_Dollar_Home.html

MT37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
That is probably definitely what I am looking for, but I would like to see some other options first.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
I have the 6 Million Dollar Home as well. The only thing I don't like about it is the lack of padding in the top flap - so I put a thin layer of bubble wrap in the flap's mesh pocket.

I like to have my camera with me most of the time, and I don't like carrying two bags to work - so I've taken to using camera/lens wraps, and just putting my camera, lenses, and a couple accessories (e.g. Ultrapod) in my Crumpler Dreadful Embarrassment laptop messenger bag.

David Honl makes some more expensive wraps that I'm going to be trying out as well.

jlcharles

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2006
Wenonah, NJ
Domke. I had a lowepro backpack that felt like I was carrying a board on my back and it was heavy on its own. I got a domke to carry around a rental and loved it so much that I bought one.

http://www.tiffen.com/products.html?tablename=domke

I have the F3X in black and it can fit a ton if you pack it right. I took a large amount of equipment with me to Europe (20+ rolls of film, hassy w/3 backs, 2 lenses and metered prism, 20D, 18-200 lens, filters, and other such small items) and it all fit. I carried less with me on a day to day basis. The best part is, because it isn't overly padded, it forms to your body. and they have inserts that come with the f-2.

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2005
I have a crumpler bag as well and love it. It is on the heavy side, but it is sturdy and it takes good care of my equipment.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.