iPhone 11 Pro Camera Black Screen Issues

Darkhorse1

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2019
I have a iPhone 11 Pro running IOS 13.3.1, but randomly when I come to use the camera or video when I press the camera app the camera turns on for a second then the screen turns black and stays black which I'm unable to take a picture or record a video, I have to force close the app and reopen it in order for it to work, it happens randomly and it also happens as well if I use the camera function in a 3rd party app like Whatsapp as well, does anyone else have this issue, I wonder if it's a iPhone 11 Pro problem or if it's a IOS 13 bug.

tjv82c

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2015
I have it on my iPhone 11 Pro, have had it since close to launch though.
I haven’t seen the issue on my wife’s XS running 13.3.1

It’s resulted in missing a few photos which is really annoying.

I have tried a fresh install (no restore) and still had the issue.

Really annoying.

Darkhorse1

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2019
I might be thinking it's a deep fusion problem if u have deep fusion turned on, I have turned deep fusion off and will see if I encounter the issue but yes it's very annoying when u want to take a picture quickly and u run into this issue.

Reactions: tjv82c

tjv82c

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2015
I didn’t get my 11 at launch, I’ve only ever had it with deep fusion.

I do have “Capture outside of the Frame” enabled though, which I thought disabled deep fusion?

Darkhorse1

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2019
To my understanding u capture outside the frame has to be turned off for deep fusion to be enabled which is how I have had my settings enabled up until 5 mins ago
- - Post merged: - -

428A4E6F-459B-4369-AC8D-50ED811031C8.jpeg

This means Deep Fusion is on
- - Post merged: - -

49C02632-5F98-4E4A-AE6E-274D6D9C1FD2.jpeg

I have now turned deep fusion off, hoping maybe this is the cause of the black screen issue, time will tell