Camera bump upgrade or downgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Jun 26, 2016.

?

Camera bump on the 7 upgrade or downgrade?

1. Upgrade

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. Downgrade

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

aesthetically do you think the integrated body bump on the iPhone 7 is a downgrade or an upgrade from the camera ring of the 6 series?

2. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Phone not even out yet, so how can we even know ?

3. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

If it has stunning photos? Won't bother me how big it looks

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Does it matter? Most of us put our phones in case that ends up making it flush anyhow.

5. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I don't use a case on my iPhone 6S+ and I don't mind the bump.

6. BorderingOn macrumors 6502

For those not using a case, the soft aluminum bump might be more vulnerable to damage. But, aesthetically no difference to me.

7. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

It's on the back of the phone, I honestly don't care.

8. Sunny1990 macrumors 68000

Sunny1990

Better they should have made the phone slightly thicker to hide the camera bump

9. Savor Suspended

Savor

[​IMG]

Had a Nexus One with only the slip case that came with it. Camera hump didn't bother me much. Who really cares?

Every year, people will complain about NOT getting an iPhone, they didn't get the feature they wanted this year, or Apple isn't innovative enough anymore which is true. Then those same complainers will go out and buy it.

We know iPhones will sell millions and Apple will make billions of dollars for the rest of our lives. Yeah, 2016 might be a down year for Apple. But so too for mostly everyone else. No big deal if they can only sell 40-50M iPhones instead of their usual 60-70M. Those Apple execs are still swimming in money like Scrooge McDuck.

Market is saturated enough already that we can't expect record numbers forever. Such a boring design though. But it has been that way for a few years now that Apple had the audacity to recycle the 5 design twice on us. So creative! Apple in 2016 is like Sony in 2006. Freshness and wow factor is gone but without the red ink.

Nothing ever surprises me from Apple anymore. Nothing magical or revolutionary. Marketing team makes every incremental update seems bigger than it really is.

10. I7guy macrumors G5

The overflowing hyperbole not withstanding, the bump is meaningless to me; it's what's under the hood that counts.