Camera Button Idea

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Azmontana, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Azmontana macrumors regular

Azmontana

I've had the iPhone for about a year now and never really used the camera function but over the weekend I took a few snaps and found it, lets say unergonimic trying to use the camera and take a snap - the phone dosn't balance well.

I think it would be a good idea if Apple was to use the sleep button in camera mode as the snap function and have an option under settings for users who don't want this function.

What do you think??

2. Que macrumors 6502

it's difficult enough trying to keep the phone still to avoid blur without pressing a physical button, that'd make every single shot blurry.

it's fine as it is.

3. iHateMacs macrumors 6502a

iHateMacs

No. It's a lousy button for taking photos. Any button at all would need to be specially designed as a shutter release.

A button would be good though.

If an existing button were to be used then I think the volume UP button seems to be in the best place. It has no function in camera mode so that would be a better choice in my opinion :)

4. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

I think we are lucky to have volume buttons. Steve Jobs seems to think everything can be done and has to be done on touch screen.

I want anti-shake.

5. Stunod7 macrumors member

Stunod7

I like the idea of having a physical shutter button. I hate having to hold it in front of my face with one hand to take the picture. I feel if I could put both hands on the unit at all times and have some button that I'd take better pics, or at least less shakey ones. Holding it like a regular camera, in landscape mode, with the home button on the right hand side... I feel the sleep button would work but then it'd just put the phone to sleep.

6. Azmontana thread starter macrumors regular

Azmontana

Your having this problem due to the way the current design is, having the sleep button as the shutter button would help reduce this.

If it was fine the way it is, you woldn't say it was difficult taking a shot.