Camera Comparison - Iphone 4, Iphone 4S, and Galaxy S2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CorbinDallas, Oct 14, 2011.

1. CorbinDallas macrumors member

I know there's ton's of these lately floating around but I've got all 3 phones in front of me today so I decided to do a little comparison. No photos were tweaked or edited in any way, they were all taken at the same angle at the same distance. I'll let you all be the judge.

Samsung Galaxy S2
    [​IMG]

Iphone 4s
    [​IMG]

Iphone 4
    [​IMG]

2. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

The regular old 4 will probably always be the best camera phone on the market. Others will provide higher pixel counts, but not better optics or CCDs.

3. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

Love your handle, CorbinDallas, now off to Fhloston Paradise. :D

The iPhone 4s clearly has more range of colors, so there is less saturation and more realism, love it! :cool:

4. al0513 macrumors 6502

5. Hoodles macrumors newbie

+1 S2 looks the best imo. The 4 is way too over-saturated, and the 4S looks like it has some sketchy white balance and highlights.

6. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

7. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

S2 looks best and I never thought anything would top my 4

8. phillyred79 macrumors regular

It's going to be a toss up based on your personal preference. When they do those "real" reviews and comparisons on actual cameras they always have a color chart thingy for reference etc and break it down really scientifically and even when they declare a camera more "accurate" or better etc I find my eyes don't always agree with their findings.

9. nyjets macrumors member

4s and S2 are both good.
    The 4 is way too oversaturated and contrasty.

10. knoxtown macrumors 6502

The S2 looks more saturated then the 4.

11. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Are we looking at the same pictures?

12. knoxtown macrumors 6502

Are you using a calibrated monitor? That's the way it looks on mine. :confused:

13. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

The 4S seems really natural looking and has a greater range of color...although we can't really know which is best since we don't know what the real flowers looked like as far as color goes except the OP.

So, OP, which looks closest to the actual flowers?

14. wellok macrumors 6502

4S looks like it's probably closer to what they looked like in person, but the colors in the S2 one sure are perty.

15. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

iPhone 4 is decent
    iPhone 4S is undersaturated

Galaxy S2 is saturated but it looks the best.

16. HarryPot macrumors 6502a

I agree, the S2 is the best. Not by much, but I think the color are the closer to reality.

Tho, to really judge correctly in color saturation, the best is to take a photo of persons.

In sharpness, I also think the S2 looks better.

17. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

I like the 4s the most out of the 3 but thats just my opinion btw is there a big change between the the s2 and the 4s cuz my monitor is uncalibrated and they look about the same.

18. kmanmx macrumors 6502

At first i thought the S2 looked best, but under close inspection, the green parts of the flower arrangement have a yellow/orange tint. The 4S does not have this issue.

I am going to say the S2 has some very slight color/saturation/white balance issues in this shot. I actually think the 4S is most neutral, and probably correct.

I cant say for definite of course, i wasn't there. But that's just my opinion. Also, after taking pictures with the 4S today, i know it's color accuracy is actually very impressive.

edit:

Looked again, the greens definitely arn't quite right on the S2. It still looks nice though.

19. CorbinDallas, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011

CorbinDallas thread starter macrumors member

Hey all, I haven't read through all your posts yet but the 4s is the closest to resembling the natural colors of the flowers. However I do feel the S2 picture overall looks nicer. The iPhone 4 photo is definitely saturated.