Camera Connection Kit Fix in JB iPad 1 vs. iPad 2 + HDMI/TV out adapter problem?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by timidhermit, Jul 10, 2011.

1. timidhermit macrumors regular

For the upcoming Camera Connection Kit fix for JBme, does it apply to both iPad 1 and iPad 2?

I am reading conflicting info on whether or not the problem was only related to iPad 2. If so, am I correct to understand that the fix from comex will NOT apply to iPad 2 (that is, only to iPad 1) as he does not know how to fix this for iPad 2?

To this end, what about other adapters, like the HDMI/TV out adapter? Are they all similarly affected?

2. Siggen macrumors 6502

Comex knows how to fix it, he is just lazy.

He got you a free optional jailbreak, and your complaning. He will fix it, just give him time and thank him for the great effort.

Im on vacation and could really need THE cck to work, but id much rather have a working jailbreak, so ill just check in cydia for the fix every day and hope it comes before i go home.

Also, there is another thread about the cck, you should have asked this question there.

3. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

I don't think that the OP is complaining. He seems to be asking if anyone knows if the CCK problem is just with the iPad 2 or also with the original iPad and if the fix comex is making will work on both if both are affected.

OP, as far as I know the issue affects both models of the iPad (1 and 2). I believe that the fix comex is working on will work on both models.

Siggen is right though about giving comex some time to fix the problem and being grateful for his work in jailbreaking. He is also right about there being another thread on the CCK issue, although it is more about when it is coming out rather than questions about it in general.

4. timidhermit thread starter macrumors regular

Interestingly, I am now seeing tweets from random strangers saying that new idevices that are using JBme.com can now with work the Camera Connection Kit. I cannot verify this myself, and the tweets did not mention existing JBme users looking for a patch afterward.

5. borisvian macrumors newbie

I've just updated Cydia and it the connection kit works with my Canon 5D II and iPad v1.

No extensive testing yet.

6. timidhermit thread starter macrumors regular

What about the new use of JBme.com site? Is the site using the newly patched exploit that fixed the CCK bug?

7. DS3 macrumors 6502a

How do you update cydia? I thought it just alerted you of an update and asked you to? I didnt get a prompt and dont see anything in the changes/updates or anything.

edit: nevermind it just popped up, sweet.

8. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

Great, so it is fixed :D. I can't wait to get home so I can upgrade. I bought the CCK not to long ago and it has been anoying not to be able to use it.

9. DS3, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011

DS3 macrumors 6502a

Ok when I open iFile I see my sd card there and the videos I put on it. However when I click on one and say open in VLC or Azul... nothing happens. They dont open and fail they just dont open. Then randomly like 3 minutes later one opened in azul.. close it and tried again and nothing is opening again.

Ive never used the CCK before, is it normal to have it take a while? Is it transferring the video over or something? I thought it could read from it like any other device once jailbroken in ifile.

edit: so looking it around it appears it does have to copy it over. Damn, still useful but not as cool. Oh well.

10. Sguaz, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011

Sguaz macrumors newbie

Tested on Ipad2 and worked w/o restart with sd, on ipad1 sd don't work, not tested with USB camera, do you know if a restart is needed?

hops...rebooted iPad 1 and ..voila..it works...Great job Comex...Thanks a lot

11. AceCoolie macrumors regular

Why am I not seeing the update? I don't have the CCK yet. Is the reason because I've never connected one to my iPad2 yet?

12. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

The update will automatically appear in the Changes tab, of Cydia. There is where Cydia processes all of the updates for Cydia tweaks and add ons. The update isn't called CCK fix or anything. It's a jailbreak update.

13. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

kdesign7 is correct. The update wil show up as an essential update. You should get a popup in cydia asking you to update. Whether or not you have connected a CCK does not matter. I have a CCK but had not connected it to my iPad since a fresh restore to stock (no restoring backup) and jailbreaking and I got the prompt after loading changes in cydia.