Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
I'm not surer if it is a limitation of the import function of the iPad or the flickr/photo bucket app, but I recently noticed that when I upload pictures from my iPad, most, if not all metadata is either lost or overwritten. For example, if I upload a picture from my Panasonic P&S, it registers as an iPhone on flickr. Photobucket doesn't register any camera type that I can see.

Has anyone else experienced this? It is quite frustrating if I would wNt to upload it to a specific camera group and the metadata is showing a different camera and it will get removed from group.

I haven't tried my DSLR yet, but I would guess I would get the same exults.

Any thoughts?

BTW, I wasn't sure if this should be in the accessory, app, or general iPad thread. Please move if needed. Thanks!

Scuby

macrumors regular
May 16, 2010
I'd love to be able to tell you, but there seems to be a much bigger shortage of Camera Connection Kits than iPads :eek:(

That said, I was reading something recently (an open letter from a developer of some photo software about why they won't be making an iPad version) and that talked about the lack of meta data as one of the limitations. Afraid I can't remember the details.

David

orgazmo

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2007
I am still waiting for my kit, I think Apple might have stopped making them or something. Anyway, my friend has one and his meta-data is still intact after backing up to the ipad.

Kevin

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
I think I narrowed it down to the flickr app I was using. I moved to FlickrStackr and all seems to be fine. Very weird.

I have not tried to import to my ipad and then export to my laptop. I usually import to my ipad to do a quick review, quick e-mail, or quick upload to flickr. Any heavy duty processing is done on my laptop and I usually import directly from the camera or card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.