Camera Connector Kit thoughts.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tom G., Jul 5, 2010.

1. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Last Friday I finally got the Camera Connector Kit for my iPad. I've downloaded photos from my iPhone with it and I can report that it works flawlessly.

To plagiarize the insurance commercial, it's so easy even a caveman could do it. :D

2. DunnMaui macrumors member

Agreed . . . I love the camera connector kit so much I think I will pick up another in case that itty bitty thing goes missing!

3. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

4. koruki macrumors 65816

koruki

I been keen to get one, whats up with the 4-6 week wait?

5. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

I'm interested to know if it will allow me to connect my Bose USB audio to my iPad...

6. Kerching macrumors member

The simple answer is no unless your iPad is jailbroken. The USB connection looks for .jpg's in a folder titled DCIM. So in theory you could plug in a USB memory stick so long as it has a DCIM folder on it and the photos are .jpgs it should see them, but that is it.

7. Darrensk8 macrumors 6502

Darrensk8

Yeah it's amazing and was so pleased when I realised I could use it to pull stuff off my iPhone!

One thing I'm unsure of is if you take HD movie footage off the sd card to the iPad does it compress it in any way when you sync back to iPhoto or does it keep it at full resolution?

From what Ive read it seems to keep it at full file but can't seem to confirm that anywhere.

8. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

I seem to recall hearing that it will support USB audio on a non-JB iPad. I don't have anything like that or I would try it myself. I can say that it does for sure work with USB keyboards (at least the old Apple Pro keyboard). When you plug it in, it pops up and says that the accessory isn't supported, but once the message is dismissed, you have full functionality of the keyboard. So to summarize, the camera kit is capable of a lot more than what Apple claims right out of the box.