Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

julienko3

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2006
I have a Kodak EasyShare C643 digital camera, and I only want to upload two pictures to my MacBook, but there are 70 pictures on the memory card in the camera. iPhoto opens and I have to go through the dreaded wait of uploading all of the pictures instead of just two. How can I have a SD memory card drive or something like that open up on my desktop so I can open the drive and select the pictures?

Thanks everyone

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Try Image Capture.app (it'll already be in the Applications folder, since it's part of the OS)--it should let you download only specific items from the camera (also including video). Most people don't even know it's there, but it's actually a nice little app. It can even be used to scan images without using a full graphics editing app.

You can set it to open automatically when your camera is connected--open up Image Capture, and select it as the default application in its preferences instead of iPhoto.

Alternately, if your camera mounts as a disk (some do, some don't) you can just dig around and find the images manually via the Finder.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
quit iPhoto when it opens and then open up image capture and use that to get the ones you want.

edit: also noticed that when i was trying this when i reopened iPhoto there was an "import selected" option there. newest version though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.