Camera Drive on MacBook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by julienko3, Jan 2, 2008.

1. julienko3 macrumors regular

I have a Kodak EasyShare C643 digital camera, and I only want to upload two pictures to my MacBook, but there are 70 pictures on the memory card in the camera. iPhoto opens and I have to go through the dreaded wait of uploading all of the pictures instead of just two. How can I have a SD memory card drive or something like that open up on my desktop so I can open the drive and select the pictures?

Thanks everyone

2. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

A USB (or, I guess, firewire) card reader would be your only option if your camera doesn't show up in Finder as a readable disk.

3. Makosuke macrumors 603

Try Image Capture.app (it'll already be in the Applications folder, since it's part of the OS)--it should let you download only specific items from the camera (also including video). Most people don't even know it's there, but it's actually a nice little app. It can even be used to scan images without using a full graphics editing app.

You can set it to open automatically when your camera is connected--open up Image Capture, and select it as the default application in its preferences instead of iPhoto.

Alternately, if your camera mounts as a disk (some do, some don't) you can just dig around and find the images manually via the Finder.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

quit iPhoto when it opens and then open up image capture and use that to get the ones you want.

edit: also noticed that when i was trying this when i reopened iPhoto there was an "import selected" option there. newest version though.

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Makosuke and PlaceofDis, excellent advice guys. Thanks for showing me up. :)

6. julienko3 thread starter macrumors regular