Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StAseph

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2016
Has anyone had a problem with camera freeze on the 7 plus? I have experienced this with both still and video. It often seems to happen when I want to catch a fast shot of something. Happened at a wedding when trying to get the cake feeding shot. Happened when I wanted to film a helicopter the other day. Happened when I wanted to catch a sunset at the last second over the ocean.

I treat the phone better than a baby. I called Apple Support and they ran a remote test and of course said there was nothing wrong with the phone. I can't wipe and reinstall from my Macbook Pro using ITunes because it is too old, so they told me to go to the Apple Store which I did. After a new install and backup of my data, the problem presented that very evening. I have not gotten back to them yet because I'll shoot a few more photos to see what happens. Also, the camera seems to have a really hard time focusing at infinity. I never had a problem with my 4s. This is frustrating to say the least as I bought the most expensive 7P available.

StAseph

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2016
Yes I'm having that problem as well. As soon as I open the camera
This is not acceptable from Apple. I paid close to a K for this phone. I'm going to call AppleCare again soon. Under the weather now and I want to be on my game.

ANTAWNM26

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
This is not acceptable from Apple. I paid close to a K for this phone. I'm going to call AppleCare again soon. Under the weather now and I want to be on my game.

I have the ip7 plus 128gb jet black.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.