Camera freezing on 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shikaka, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Shikaka macrumors regular

I have a 64g 6+. When I swipe from video to camera the screen occasionally freezes on the blurry transition screen. Have to close the camera app to unfreeze.

Also noticed the rotation of the home screen will sometimes get stuck in one position. The apps all seem to work though.

Anyone else experiencing this? Not sure if it's the phone? Or iOS 8?

2. durangojim macrumors regular

I noticed the rotation problem too in the camera. Also twice we took pics but even though they showed up in the little square on the camera app they were not able to be seen in the photos app or when touching the little square for review.

3. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

iPhone 6, not the plus, I've had the camera app freeze a couple times. I had to hard reboot to fix, I could get Siri to work but couldn't get back to springboard. I've also had to reboot after the phone wouldn't rotate while viewing pics.

I could see this, the statusbar was visible but just a blurry background:

[​IMG]

4. RobNYC macrumors 6502

6 Plus here and I've had camera issues. Sometimes when turning the camera in landscape you can't take a picture. I keep hitting the shutter button on the screen but nothing happens. I've had this happen a lot lately. I have to turn the hit the lock button and then unlock it again to get it to work property. I've also had it freeze up for a few seconds.

5. bgro macrumors 6502a

Same issue. I also had this issue on my 5S last year on iOS7. Had to replace it at the Apple Store cuz it was happening so much. I've only seen this happen 2x on my Plus since launch day so I'm not worried at this point.