Camera functionality on 4s vs. Camera apps

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by creativedogmedia, Oct 15, 2011.

1. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

I used the Camera+ app on my iPhone 4 and loved it. With the enhancements on the 4S is that (or any) app necessary for the best photo quality?

2. ShionoyaTamaki macrumors 6502

Do you have ios5 installed on your iPhone4? Just curious if your camera+ allows you to use the volume button as a shutter.

3. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

I have it on my iPod touch, IOS5 allows you to use the volume.

4. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

I have it on my 4S and you can't use the volume as a shutter...

5. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

I did and it didn't allow it. I now have the 4S and it doesn't allow it here either. I'm more concerned on the added quality of the new camera vs the old one. Do I even need the Camera+ app for daily use?

6. climber20 macrumors member

I keep Camera+ around for the post processing abilities, which are slim with the regular camera app. One other advantage comes in handy if you're in difficult lighting - with camera+, you can tap the screen with 2 fingers and manually adjust the exposure and focus independently of one another. With regular camera, you can't do that.

7. ShionoyaTamaki macrumors 6502

Camera+ had the option to use volume button as shutter, but apple removed them from the appstore. They came back later with that option gone. Still gone to this day.

However, now that IOS5 allows using volume shutter (at least on the apple camera app) I believe it is only a matter of time before Camera+ updates and add that feature back in.

I don't think there is any quality difference between camera+ and apple app. Just camera+ has more options like stabilize before it takes a shot and simple post processing/image touch ups.

8. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Any feedback on this? I haven't used Camera + since I got my 4S but I also started using Instagram. My only complaint with that program is that it leaves the pics in a square vs. their normal proportion.