Camera Icon for Messages Not Working

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by JakenApple, Sep 9, 2014.

1. JakenApple macrumors newbie

JakenApple

Hi, first post on here.
    I'm trying to send an MMS message using the Message app and when I try to click on the camera icon on the left to chose either an existing photo or take one , it seems to be unresponsive at all. I don't get no option or even any indication that my tap is being registered . Wondering if there is a work around this ?

iOS 8 Gold Master

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Try turning the phone off and back on again. Maybe something got stuck during install? Make sure you are signed into your account etc. I just tested and it is working here.

3. ErikGrim macrumors 68040

ErikGrim

According to Apple you have to erase and restore photos if you used beta 5. It’s in the release notes.

4. JakenApple thread starter macrumors newbie

JakenApple

Done what you suggested and it's still unresponsive. Updated to iTunes 11.4 and installed iOS 8 again and I'm still having the same issue.

5. PsyOpWarlord macrumors 6502

PsyOpWarlord

You added a phone number or email to the TO: block right?

If you don't have anything in the TO: block it won't allow you to tap the add photo icon until you you do.

6. JakenApple, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014

JakenApple thread starter macrumors newbie

JakenApple

Of course I did. I can send sms but the icon for photos is just not working.
    It's also worse now, I don't even get the option to chose the message app when I want to share a photo from the Photos app