Camera import and photo app question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by whaleboy, May 3, 2011.

1. whaleboy macrumors member

I imported the pics from a family day trip into the iPad from an SD card via the cam connection kit. It looks like I can only see a lower res image in the photo app... Looks to be around 2k wide. If I email a pic to myself, I get the full res image (they are 18mp), so why can't I view the full res image in the photo lib?

I assume I'm looking at low res copy, and if that is the only thing I can view on the iPad, how do I delete the full res images? They are taking up half the capacity of my 32gb, and if I can't view them, I don't need them on this device.

Also, how do I see the original image name? They were renumbered on import. I'd like a common reference between the pics on the iPad and the full res images I've put on another computer, but it seems I need to match them by eye. Seems silly to me.

I hope I'm missing something here, but so far the iPad seems to be severely lacking in it's photo viewing and organizational ability (I can't new collections or move photos into a different collection? Seriously?) suddenly the cam connection kit seems like a waste of money if I need to go through a computer first to organize and resize the images to make them easier to view and not waste space...

Thanks

-David

2. blackNBUK macrumors 6502a

It's probably better to think of the Camera Roll as a temporary space for your photos. I normally use the CCK to have a look at the photos I've just taken while I'm away from my computer. When I get back home I sync my iPad and move my photos from the Camera Roll into iPhoto. This removes the full-res versions from the iPad and allows me to organise my photos as I wish. A full version of iPhoto on the iPad would definitely be an improvement but I find the CCK useful already.

I can't remember whether I had any trouble with photos being renamed.