Camera in 8.1.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by that be me, Nov 17, 2014.

1. that be me macrumors 6502

For those who are aware of the noise reduction (and its perceived over use) in the stock camera app, have any of you noticed any changes in the pictures you take with your 6/6+? Care to post a few examples?

Thanks.

2. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Here is a sample off of my iPhone 6+ from this morning. I updated the software last night and so far the performance of the phone seems pretty darn good. Here is a sample of the camera unedited with the HDR function turned on.

Attached Files:

3. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Here is another photo but in lower light. Whether or not the software update did anything to the camera processing software, I guess I will let you be the judge because I think it doesn't really good job as is

Attached Files:

4. ant69 macrumors regular

ant69

4.29 for a lunch plate? thats pretty cheap!

5. that be me thread starter macrumors 6502

Doesn't seem like things have changed much. Definitely seems to be having the same contrast issues at least.

6. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Well then I suggest two more apps that you can apply or add to your library. One is cortex camera, the other is average camera pro. However these two camera apps are not well-suited for moving objects but are very good at eliminating noise and creating an exceptionally sharp images. Cortex camera can be handheld but average camera pro has to be on a tripod or leaned up against something to hold the phone still. I will post an example here shortly of standard HDR camera and cortex camera

7. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

iPhone built-in camera app with HDR mode on

Attached Files:

8. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Cortex camera handheld no HDR option

Attached Files:

9. tkrechel macrumors member