Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greenlander25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
something very odd is going on every time I mount my camera to download photos. I go to click on finder to open image capture and as I'm scrolling through applications it freezes, giving me the spinning ball. then everything freezes up and I have to reboot.

the first time this happened was a week ago with my friend's camera. I assumed there was something weird about it but then when I went to download photos today from my canon, which I've done successfully many times, the same thing happened.

worse, this time once I rebooted, finder still keeps freezing even though I'm no longer trying to mount the camera. all I can do it open apps from the dock, but i can't get anything useful open to repair permission or check that sort of thing.

weird, huh? does anyone have any suggestions? thanks in advance.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Are all recent updates installed?

What version of OS X are you using?

What app and version are you downloading photos with? It seems like you're trying to use Image Capture, but you post sounds like it freezes before you can open it.

greenlander25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
All updates are installed, I'm on 10.5.7.

up until now I've been using imagine capture, but yes, i'm not getting that far, as soon as i open the finder window to click on it, finder crashes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.