Camera is crazy slow on iOS4 and 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Learjet035, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Learjet035 macrumors 6502

Anyone else having this?

My camera app takes forever to open up and let me take a pic compared to the previous software.

I had the camera on my double click home and could be snapping a photo in seconds on the old OS, not it's taking forever.

Just me? I have restored as new, and rebooted a few times.

2. pika2000 macrumors 68030

Yeah, me too. :( Starting the app takes a really long time, but taking picture (the moment I press the capture button and the picture went to the icon) is very quick, quicker than 3.x. Still, the super long start up time is killing me as I missed a lot of moments while waiting.

3. HardDemon macrumors newbie

4. aleni macrumors 68020

yep, mine too. takes a lot longer than previous 3.1.3 fw, but taking pictures is super fast now.

5. Learjet035 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, after the update the camera shutter speed was way improved, but the time it takes to open the app and to get to where you can take the pic is much slower.
    I too am missing a buncha shots I normally would have grabbed. :(

6. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Same here on the slow start up. I had one of the JB camera apps before upgrading that would quick-start the camera with a douple-click of the home button...man, I miss that app...lol.

7. saunterer macrumors newbie

8. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

if its slow to load kill all your apps (safari especially) in the quick switching dock. its slow cause it uses lots of ram and if other apps are using said ram the phone needs to dump it first...so manually dump memory by killing apps that you arent using cuz safari is a HOG and your camera app will open quickly