Camera is jerky?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by UKmacman, Jul 30, 2008.

1. UKmacman macrumors regular

Hi All,

Not got another iphone to compare it to but when I swith on the camera the image is all jerky and I the picture comes out blurred unless everything is totally still in the picture.

When it is still the image is okay but are all the cameras like this?

2. UKmacman thread starter macrumors regular

3. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

yup when you take a picture try and slide your finger across to keep it still

4. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

All cameras are affected by blurring due to motion. Better cameras are less affected auto focus, motion stabilization, etc.

I use cellphone cameras for casual photos with no intent of printing as sharp high quality. I've got a point and click Canon to take photos I intend to print.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Remember, the photo is actually taken once you release your finger from the touchscreen button. Many people think the picture is taken when you touch the touchscreen button. So, touch the button, get set (you might try locking your arms at your side or placing your arms on something for support), and release the button and your picture will be taken. :cool:

6. DamnDJ macrumors regular

DamnDJ

The iphone is probably the worst camera phone that I've experienced this issue with. I have a Blackberry as well, and I rarely suffer any motion blur. On the iPhone is a different story. It's almost as if you need a tripod to get a clear shot.