Camera kit for iPad 2 USB drive not working!

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Starplaya9000, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Starplaya9000 macrumors newbie

I have iPad 2 wifi only 16g jail broken 4.3.3 running ifile

I bought a cosair flash voyager 16gb and USB port for cck says "too much power"
    Here's link http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Flash...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1320579385&sr=1-1

I've read other postings where it had work for other people. Can someone verify this?

Also does anyone know If this drive works
    http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Digi...TG/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1320579216&sr=8-16

Specifically the 16gb? Can it be diff sizes require
    Too much power.?

Btw I'm noob when it comes to this. Help would be appreciated thx.

2. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

not all flash drives are created equal, some flash drives require more power and won't be recognized when plugged in. i have 4 different brands of usb thumb drives and none of them are visible when using my CCK. AFAIK, since the 4.3.3 jb...they have not released a cydia package which ups the output voltage.

the only thing that seems to work reliably across the board are the SD card media.

if you insist on trying thumb drives, search for the past thread where some people posted some models that they found were compatible w/the CCK.

3. crocky macrumors member

crocky

I think it can also be the Camera Kit, mine is a dual USB/Card Reader and it does not work. Works fine for Camera but none of my thumb drives.

4. jeniferkey macrumors member

crocky
    Have you updated to iOS5? Does your dual card reader work with it? I updated to 5 and my iPad now gives the 'does not work with this accessory' error. I am not jailbroken at this time. I'd consider going back if it would get my dual card reader working again.