Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMonkey13

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2008
Gurnee, Illinois
I dropped my iPhone7. The front screen cracked and I had it repaired at Apple. I didn't notice at the time but the camera lens also cracked. Does anyone know how much it would cost to fix it?
How much would it be if I had AppleCare?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Seems likely that the tech that replaced your screen at Apple should have noted that your camera lens cover was also cracked?
AppleCare wouldn't cover accidental damage.
AppleCare+ would allow for a repair incident, whatever that amount is for an iPhone 7 - apparently $99 when not a screen replacement issue.
I don't know how much that will cost without AppleCare+
I guess you will be finding that out :(

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I dropped my iPhone7. The front screen cracked and I had it repaired at Apple. I didn't notice at the time but the camera lens also cracked. Does anyone know how much it would cost to fix it?
How much would it be if I had AppleCare?

Did the camera lens crack or the lens cover crack?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
From the AppleCare info page.
  • Coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage,2 each subject to a service fee of $29 for screen damage, or $99 for any other damage, plus applicable tax
So, 2 repair incidents are covered. A screen replacement is $29. Anything else $99

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.