Camera lens fogged up after jogging w/ armband

dabigone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
I went for a jog yesterday, it was pretty hot and humid but not terribly so. I had my ip5 in the armband that I've used for my 4s w/o any issues. But yesterday after a few hours I thought I'd snap a few photos of some things I was going to sell and noticed everything had a glow and was out of focus. Closer inspection I saw that there was a yellow condensation that formed inside the camera lens. This never happened w/ my 4s and I probably ran over 1k miles with it in rain, cold, heat, whatever.
When I originally got this out of the box there was a nick on the edge where the camera was and I didn't really care but now I wonder if that caused a bad seal where the camera was. I'll probably just take this in for an exchange but wondering if anyone else experienced this.

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
Well... It's obviously a too big and annoying issue as to live with it. Get a genius appointment and get them to give you a new phone!

parker81

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2012
Me too

I just had this same thing happen to me today but I have to take off for the weekend for a friend's wedding so I won't be able to get to the Apple store. Let us know what they say if you get a chance.

dabigone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
I got a replacement no problem. Ran a half over the weekend and it did fog up, but only slightly compared to the previous one that was completely covered. I think it has more to do w/ the nike forearm sleeve. I need to look for an alternative.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.