Camera lens fogged up after jogging w/ armband

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dabigone, Oct 3, 2012.

1. dabigone macrumors regular

I went for a jog yesterday, it was pretty hot and humid but not terribly so. I had my ip5 in the armband that I've used for my 4s w/o any issues. But yesterday after a few hours I thought I'd snap a few photos of some things I was going to sell and noticed everything had a glow and was out of focus. Closer inspection I saw that there was a yellow condensation that formed inside the camera lens. This never happened w/ my 4s and I probably ran over 1k miles with it in rain, cold, heat, whatever.
    When I originally got this out of the box there was a nick on the edge where the camera was and I didn't really care but now I wonder if that caused a bad seal where the camera was. I'll probably just take this in for an exchange but wondering if anyone else experienced this.

2. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

Well... It's obviously a too big and annoying issue as to live with it. Get a genius appointment and get them to give you a new phone!

3. parker81 macrumors newbie

Me too

I just had this same thing happen to me today but I have to take off for the weekend for a friend's wedding so I won't be able to get to the Apple store. Let us know what they say if you get a chance.

4. dabigone thread starter macrumors regular

I got a replacement no problem. Ran a half over the weekend and it did fog up, but only slightly compared to the previous one that was completely covered. I think it has more to do w/ the nike forearm sleeve. I need to look for an alternative.