Camera light

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by jmgman23, Oct 12, 2011.

1. jmgman23 macrumors newbie

How do I use the camera light to tell me i have notifications waiting? i have gone to settings - accessibility - led flash for alerts

the camera light is still not being used.

HELP!

2. j.wag macrumors newbie

Camera light (LED flash for alerts)

I've read that the iPhone must be face down. Does that help?

I'm curious if it continues to blink intermittently until a notification is responded to (like a Blackberry). Or does it only alert one time (3 blinks)?

3. Corey Grandy macrumors 6502

That's exactly how I set it up and it worked for me. Although, it only seemed to blink at the time of the alert...it didn't continue if I left it unchecked. It's also extremely bright (same as the flash, clearly); I'd have expected it to be softened to about half-brightness, but alas.

As far as being face down, mine blinked while being held in my hand and in use...so I don't think orientation matters.

4. jmgman23 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. j.wag macrumors newbie

Yeah, alas... on the single alert and full brightness. Sigh. Thanks for the info.

6. Corey Grandy macrumors 6502

No problem. I was super bummed. I had intended to use it in classes so that I would have some sort of indication of receiving texts/mail/what-have-you as opposed to complete silence or an extremely noticeable vibrate...but I think the LED indicator would be blindingly more obvious - almost as much as keeping sound on.