Camera + Lion/SL question.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by p1ngputts, Jul 24, 2011.

1. p1ngputts macrumors member

I've never used my camera before updating to Lion, and when I did, it said no camera was detected. So I called Apple and they said it was most likely a wire that needed to be soldered and not anything regarding Lion or even SL. My question is, has anyone else experienced a loss of their camera after they updated to Lion? Still under warranty, so IDC either way, just wondering if anyone else experienced a loss of their camera since the upgrade to Lion.

2. gmac2005 macrumors newbie

same problem

have the same problem i tried facetime and icam this morning and no cam is detected.. cant see a lot of posts about this on forums.. glad im not alone.

will let you know if i get a fix. please do the same if you find one.

thx

Gerard

3. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Nope. Not a single problem. If they say it has to do with the hardware problem, then it's worth going to the Apple store and figure out what's going on. They can't say 'I don't know what's the problem, sorry' because they are supposed to be 'Geniuses' :)

4. p1ngputts thread starter macrumors member

well, the closest apple store is over an hour away from me, so Apple is sending me a box to send it back to them to fix. Most likely a bad wire, but I've found a few threads on other forums about people with the same problem.

5. seong macrumors 65816

seong

I see. Hope they will fix it for you soon.