Camera lock screen shortcut, iPhone 4S exclusive?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amoda, Oct 5, 2011.

1. amoda macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone,

I've installed the iOS5 GM on my iPhone 4 and I can't seem to find a way to enable the camera lock screen shortcut. Did I miss something? Is this an iPhone 4S exclusive benefit?

Thank you!

2. gazzrenn macrumors 6502

gazzrenn

I don't have the GM so can't help directly, but they did announce that as an iOS 5 feature at WWDC, so not phone specific.

3. PhoneI macrumors 65816

4. Deamos macrumors member

I dont believe so. It works on my 3GS. You have to double tap the home button when the phone is in sleep mode, much like when you are just bringing up the lock screen controls for music.

5. bmms8 macrumors 68020

no it is not. its been on every single beta for the ~4 months.

6. NachoGrande macrumors 6502a

It has not worked 100% for me. Sometimes it's there and other times it's not, whether my phone is locked or not.:confused:

7. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

Try double clicking the home button while on the lock screen to enable the music controls. Should pop up.

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

Alternately double-click the home button while locked, you should be able to skip the click-to-bring-up-lockscreen step.

9. amoda thread starter macrumors 6502a

Double clicking the home button worked! Thanks for the help, somehow I missed that.

10. Darkrider macrumors member

Darkrider

I'm amazed at how IOS 5 has been out... well annouced since june and everyone is going ape **** over features now.... if you would read all the sites since beta 1 they have updated everyone on what all is new in IOS 5...... also if you want the GM GOOGLE is your friend let me show you http://tinyurl.com/3pcq7yt
    http://tinyurl.com/5wchs36

these to links will help you out

11. amoda thread starter macrumors 6502a

What was that about?

I wasn't interested in any previous versions since I didn't want to deal with a buggy beta, and I wasn't a developer. I already found and installed iOS 5, on my own, thanks very much. I simply wasn't familiar with the new camera shortcut and asked a simple question that several other members were kind enough to answer.

Sheesh, just because you're cranky it doesn't mean you should go around spreading the hate.

12. Speedyparker87 macrumors member

A few other variables may come into play here, but has anyone timed home screen to picture capture? I know the 4S was something like 1.1 seconds, but I'm guessing the A5 has something to do with that.

13. jason2811 macrumors 6502a

Wait, if you have to double tap to bring it up, does double tapping to bring up the music controls no longer work?

14. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

They both come up when you double tap the home button.