Camera not accessible

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by luckydcxx, May 5, 2014.

1. luckydcxx, May 5, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014

luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

i have just come across this, has anyone noticed that the camera function in not accessible from the lock screen control center during a call when the phone is locked?

If the phone is unlocked and in the call then it is accessible again, does anyone know the reasoning behind this?

Attached Files:

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

My guess would be that if you do a facetime call it uses the camera so maybe regular phone calls also "reserve" the camera as well even though it's not used.

Besides, who taking pictures when they are on a phone call anyhow? :p

3. Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

Good guess.. I think that's exactly the reason.. But 1 problem, if that was it, why is it allowed from the unlocked screen??#

4. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I'm going to chalk this up to the simplest explanation: This is probably a bug.

You can use the camera during a Facetime call; it just pauses the video portion of the call. So that's not it.

It's just a bug; report it and move on. :)

5. Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

Quite a difficult find.. So you are saying .. That if we are on the home screen, and we get a call, and we swipe up the control center, then we can use the camara option?? But if ur phone is locked, and u get a call(or if u lock your device during a call while the call is in speaker ) you cannot access the camara from the control center??

6. luckydcxx thread starter macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

Exactly. I guess it could be a bug, can you reproduce this?