Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raymanh

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 27, 2017
I have a 2016 13" Pro, no issues other than the following.

A couple of weeks ago I erased my HD and reinstalled macOS via internet recovery. After this everything was fine except the camera wouldn't work. When I open facetime it says "no camera available". The green light does not turn on. I reset the SMC and the PRAM(?). Did not solve the problem.

Today, I had some spare time, so erased the HD and reinstalled macOS again via internet recovery to get the latest version (ending in .4). The problem still persists. When I go to system information, under 'camera' it says "No video capture devices were found”.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Last edited:

honnikorn

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2020
Hi,
It might be because of the so-called Flexgate, which also affects the camera cable, not only the backlight cable.
The problem is described in this post on the Apple Community website:

It may be possible to get it covered by the Apple Display Backlight Service Program:

raymanh

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 27, 2017
Thanks for the reply. I did indeed have a flexgate issue. I got it repaired for free by Apple and that fixed the camera issue too. So yeah you were correct!

Reactions: honnikorn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.