Camera problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Hustle, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Hustle macrumors 6502a

I have an iPhone 4S that I purchased a few months ago. I've noticed that when opening any application that uses the camera, including the camera app itself. half the time, it'll be darker for a few seconds before getting to the standard brightness.

It's hard to describe, so here's a quick video I took... notice the first second.

I've tried restoring the phone but it's still happening. It's not too much of a pain, as I just have to wait a few extra seconds when using the camera, for it to adjust, but it does sometimes get annoying if it gets it in the video I'm recording.

Does this happen to anyone else? I don't really want to have to send it off to Apple and wait for a replacement/get it fixed!

2. TheAppleSource macrumors regular

TheAppleSource

Sometimes mine will slowly fade up from darker to light, but I've never seen anyone's suddenly jump like yours does.

If you've tried to restore it and that hasn't worked, then I'm not sure what else you can really do. Next step is probably to take it to an Apple Store or get on the phone to Apple support. Otherwise, like you said, unfortunately it'll probably be have to send to be repaired/replaced, should they deem it a fault.