Camera quality, is this normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by henrikrox, Dec 12, 2010.

1. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

Now i love my iphone 4 camera, its general preety good, especially in good lightning/day photos.

Now i just came home from a walk i had with my gf, and i took some photos.

I feel the lack of manual control of white balance is really hurting me here.

The iphone is brand new, and the photos i have taken before turned out very good, just wondering if this is normal.

I guess it turns out like this because of the warm street lights, still, its a shame i cant control the white balance.

[​IMG]

Ground should me much whiter, allthough the street sign are preety warm

[​IMG]

2. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Pro Camera. It allows control over white balance as well as a ton of other nice features.

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

yep thats normal well for me anyway seems fine under natural sunlight but introduce lights and it's all yellow

4. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I just using my camera alot more. My wife noticed yellow'ish in the pic's too. Are you saying pro camera will solve this issue?

5. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I'm not positive it will completely resolve the issue, but it allows for you to choose the point of white balance. So it should help the yellowing to some extent, but with indoor lighting it seems to always be somewhat yellow.

6. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I jumped the gun and bought the app. I'm very impressed so far, bang for your buck. Thanks!

So yellow'ish is normal and not an issue with my iPhone?

7. henrikrox, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010

henrikrox thread starter macrumors 65816

henrikrox

thanks for recommending pro camera, ill check it out, hopefully the snow will look white from now on, and not yellowish like someone pissed all over it.

just bought it, going to test it tomorrow, saw it recently got a huge patch/update aswell so thats good

just skimmed trough the support stuff, i guess AWB, means automatic white balance, while wb with a lock sign means you have locked white balance?

8. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

being able to lock the wb=\= as being able to set it manually

get a real camera if you want more features

9. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

wow, what's that white stuff on the ground? 85F weather here in So Cal today. ;)

10. Pinkstiletto66 macrumors 6502

I noticed the different shading of a pic. I also notice it happens if you move the camera..e.g. I took 2 pics holding still, relatively the same "color" or shading, I then move me camera up, down, left, then right, and the pic would either come out lighter or darker. I also noticed because the flash is to the right of the camera, or left depending on how youre holding it, you can tell that in the pictures. Like, one side of the pic is brighter. It's annoying. You're not suppose to see or guess where the camera's flash is placed. It should have been placed on the bottom..perhaps??