Camera RAW+JPG: Import only JPG files from camera?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jonrobinson, Jun 14, 2011.

1. jonrobinson macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone in advance for your help!

I have a new Ipad 2 on the way. I am going to take it on vacation with me to the Rocky Mountains in a few weeks. While I am on vacation I will be shooting a lot of photographs with my Canon 5DMKII camera. I always shoot full size RAW files (29 MB per picture). The camera has the option to shoot RAW+small JPG.

Question:

Is there an APP or a way that I can only import the small JPG files and leave the RAW files on the camera? I am concerned the Ipad 2 will choke trying to import RAW files that are 29 MB per file.

The import will be done using the Ipad camera connect kit and a USB cable to the camera.

I want the JPG files on the Ipad to review during the trip and post to FB.

I will not have access to a regular computer during the trip.

Thanks for your help!

Jonathan

2. TW95 macrumors member

JPG Pictures

I'm pretty sure you can select the pictures you want? Just select the JPEGs and not the RAWs?

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I'm actually hoping to do the same thing in about a month. A quick look produced THIS thread elsewhere; but doesn't seem to draw any substantial conclusions either.

4. TW95 macrumors member

Import

I don't think there is a way actually. Sorry about my misleading information, but I just tested it for myself.