camera RAW problem with 980ti in mac pro, OS X El Capitan

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Somian, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Somian, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015

Somian macrumors member

Somian

Hi,

I installed a 980ti in my mac pro.

It works fine, but it seems like it can't handle the RAW photos from my camera anymore, when I try to open them, preview freezes, and aperture will take very long to process them and ultimately shows a completely yellow or black image (depending on the size of the preview). the previews in finder look fine, though. It's only after really processing the RAWs, this problem occurs.

Same problem with pixelmator :X

Can this be related? does anyone know this problem?

edit:

I'm using the latest web driver from nvidia :X

2. bartvandebiezen macrumors newbie

bartvandebiezen

Have exactly the same problem with Apple Photos and Pixelmator. When I try to edit the RAW pictures in Apple Photos, Apple Photos makes them black, or without editing, it exports them as black images. Have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 in my Mac Pro.

3. bartvandebiezen macrumors newbie

bartvandebiezen

Tried it on my MacBook Pro Retina. Everything seems to work. I switched the driver on my Mac Pro back to OS X driver. That solved some problems, but not the editing in Photos.

4. Somian thread starter macrumors member

Somian

That's interesting. I had a GTX680 in my Mac pro before and it worked fine, I only got these issues with the 980ti.

5. shadowbird423 macrumors regular

shadowbird423

This is going to sound like a stupid question, but do you have QE/CI enabled in System Info?

Have you both checked your consoles for the time periods in question? Have you checked your bootlogs?

6. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

The yellow box issue was supposed to have been resolved with the latest version of the Nvidia web drivers.